Tuesday, February 24, 2015

South Africa Cycle Challenge

View this email in your browser
Cape Town Cycle Challenge!
Dear friend

On Sunday 8 March I am cycling The Cape Town Cycle Tour - the largest timed cycling event in the world!
 
I will be joining 35,000 other cyclists and riding 109km across Cape Town to raise funds for Burma Campaign UK.
 
I live in South Africa, working as a teacher, but my mother was born in Burma and I have been involved in the campaign for human rights for people in Burma for many years now.
 
Please support me here.
 
I recently spent time living and working with ethnic Karenni refugees on the Thailand Burma border. This personal experience made me acutely aware of the difficulties and struggles that Burmese people from all ethnic groups continue to face every day.
 
I will be raising money for the Burma Campaign UK to support their campaigns for human rights and democracy for all.
 
I am a little bit nervous about completing the race, especially as until recently I hadn't ridden a bicycle since childhood.
 
The race takes place on a spectacular route with Table Top Mountain in the background. But it can also be very challenging. As any sailor can tell you, the weather here on the Cape is unpredictable. One year many people couldn't complete the race because a heatwave with temperatures of 42C caused heatstroke. Another year gales with winds of 60km an hour resulted in more than 70 cyclists needing to be picked up by ambulance.
 
But I am determined to complete the race come what may, as I know how much the funds I raise can make a difference.
 
Any support you can offer is really appreciated!
 
Please sponsor me here.
 
Thank you in advance!!
 
Alison Birchall

PS. If you're a UK resident, you can register for gift aid, meaning your sponsorship is worth 25% more.

 
Share
Tweet
Forward
Our mailing address is:
Burma Campaign UK
28 Charles Square
London, N1 6HT
United Kingdom

Add us to your address book


To help support our campaigns with a donation, click here.

If you no longer want to receive our emails, you can unsubscribe here.   

Click here to update your subscription preferences. 

This email was sent to icfab8888.peacefulway@blogger.com

No comments: