International Campaign for Freedom of Aung San Suu Kyi and Burma


Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Bugtastic, I have been saved!

Email not displaying properly?
View this email in your browser
Doug
Dear friend

It is with great relief that I am writing to tell you that my big bug sponsorship challenge has been cancelled.
 
One of our supporters, Irene Turner, has given a donation of £2,000 for me not to eat the insects.
 
She wrote to me saying; "You will think this is a strange request, but actually, being a vegetarian and a firm believer in preserving life (in as small a shape as it may come in), I'd love to sponsor you for NOT eating all those insects!  Thanks for doing all you are doing for Burma.  I'd dearly like to contribute, but if I do in this way, I will also be contributing for killing life, and as a Buddhist, I'm not supposed to do that."
 
The point of the challenge was to raise funds for our work, with a target of £2,000, and as Irene was offering to meet our target in one go, we accepted her kind and generous offer.
 
I know many of you have sponsored me to eat these insects, and I am sorry to let you down. Instead of this challenge, I am willing to do another, and I ask that you send me your suggestions for my next sponsorship challenge and your money can go towards this new challenge instead.
 
Anyone who wants their donations returned, please let us know and we'll ensure it is swiftly back in your bank account.
 
Please email Emily, our fundraising assistant, at emily.butler@burmacampaign.org.uk with your sponsorship challenge suggestions, or request for your donation to be returned.
 
I really appreciate all the kind messages and support I have received, and look forward to reading your suggestions for my next challenge. It is all for a very good cause.
 
I can't put it any better than Irene has herself:
"I have always thought this Burma Campaign is quite special, and hopefully you guys are making a difference there.  I'm really so proud and pleased with people like you who dedicate their precious time to others, so that those in oppressed countries can have a chance of a better life."
 
Doug
Burma Campaign UK

PS: If you would like to do your own sponsorship challenge, we can help set you up with a fundraising page and promote your challenge, please let us know!
fundraising@burmacampaign.org.uk



 
Our mailing address is:
Burma Campaign UK
28 Charles Square
London, N1 6HT
United Kingdom

Add us to your address book


unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 

This email was sent to icfab8888.peacefulway@blogger.com

No comments:

As Daw Aung San Suu Kyi proclaimed,

As Daw Aung San Suu Kyi proclaimed,
"Justice is a dream. But it is a dream we are determined to realize."